Monday, October 27, 2008

I take Bribes!

Mr. W. knows I take bribes as my goals to get things done faster. Most people know I hate writing. I hate writing so much! I always complain why we have to write or huff off and avoid writing. I'm pretty good at letting Mr. W. talk and talk about any subject... because he does it himself. That way, he doesn't have to say the ugly words, "Write your paper." Or, "Work on your paper." 
When I was younger, I loved writing so much I wanted to become a writer. As I grew up, it was like a barrier started building without me knowing. I think one day I woke up and became aware I was struggling with writing. It's not like I'm bad at writing... it's just that writing my ideas on paper or typing my ideas is so hard. I always ask these dumb questions: How can I start my paper? Am I writing like back when I was in middle school? Is this sentence even makes sense? 
I'm also afraid to get help from teachers or an adult with my writing. I think I just want to be the best in writing.. I mean not being best of others.. but myself. 
But anyway... one time I broke down (literally) during Mr.'s writing class. I COULD NOT write or even think of what to write about. I was so worried about something I just didn't know. Then, Mr. did something I didn't realize. He bribed me. I don't exactly remember, but I only remember where I was writing and writing and writing until I got done with three papers for him. It only took few hours to get them done. 
After I turned them in.. He told me that I was a good writer.. I felt a little bit of confidence of my writing. But anyway... I take bribes easily.. unless it's about writing= )

1 comment:

Irniaq said...

Maybe this post could also be named "Overcoming Perfectionism". ; )

You have great voice in your writing, Aan. I'm sorry when voices that don't tell the truth (even from your own head!) tell you otherwise. I love to read your writing...